FHS, Beaumont & Texas Trivia Questions
Just For Fun!
Most all of the Questions and ANSWERS were taken from the old Bmt.,
Game; "BEAUMONT TRIVOPOLY".
Some are silly from me to "throw" you off guard :-)
For the Answers email: BETH -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- What year did FISD merge with BISD?
- What 3 industries have been responsible for Beaumont's boom times?
- When SP Junior College was renamed Lamar College in 1932, what was the name of the football team that later became the Cardinals?
- How can you say Rabbit without the letter R?
- Who sang "Pretty Little Lady from Beaumont Texas"?
- Name the 4 Rogers Brothers.
- What was Hotel Dieu?
- What kind of clock is crazy?
- What year was the First Neches River Festival?
- What year was Gateway Shopping Center opened?
- What 2 clubs merged in 1922 occupying more then half of the 10th floor of Hotel Beaumont?
- Where was the Organ Club held?
- What did Washington become after his tenth birthday?
- What is the S.R. Marble noted for?
- Magnolia Petroleum Company is now known as what?
- Name the man who was famous for his "Frozen Dog" report heard on a morning radio show.
- As of 2004, what is the population of Beaumont?
- What were the FHS cheerleaders called in the 30's?
- What do the letters L.N.V.A. stand for?
- Why does a teacher wear sunglasses?
- What was the name of Beaumont's first bank?
- In 1923 Beaumont boasted the fourth largest clock in the U.S. In what building was it located?
- It happens once in a minute, twice in a week and once in a year. What is it?
- Who is the Federal Building named after?
- What does the B. in Mirabeau B. Lamar stand for?
- What were the early FHS year books called before it was the Buffalo?
- In 1922, what hotel opened boasting to be one of the 3 hotel in Texas to have air condition?
- What year did the FHS web site get started?
- In what year was the great April flood?
- What was the name of Beaumont's Paddle Boat?
- What was the name of Beaumont's first weekly newspaper?
- What word becomes longer when the 3rd letter is removed?
- Who is credited with naming Beaumont?
- What was the former name of Lamar University from 1949-1971?
- Opened in 1903, what hotel advertised primarily that it had "all the latest and best sanitary improvements"?
- Who was Lamar U. named after?
- In 1930, in a luncheon for the promotion of a forthcoming movie, who was the guest of honor?
- What was the name of Beaumont's first semi-pro baseball team? (formed about 1910)
- The area enclosed by Crockett, Jefferson, Bonham, and Trinity streets was known as what district?
- What park was Beaumont's only Zoo in?
- In the late 1930's, Beaumont had more of what per square mile than anywhere else in Texas?
- Where was the first Pig Stand located?
- How many letters are in the alphabet?
- What is the name of the school that is now housed in the Old FHS on Concord?
- The Temple to the Brave, dedicated to Texas heroes is located in what park?
- The Edson Hotel later housed what company?
Return to Courier Page
Return to FHS Homepage